Please vote for our project on Councilmember Brad Lander’s Participatory Budgeting Ballot!
Project: We would like to host a professional development series related to Race and Equity issues, open to all staff and families from District 15 schools. We will organize four workshops led by Border Crossers to train educators and parents in strategies for addressing race and promoting equity.
Lead Partner: Border Crossers utilizes creative and interactive pedagogy to engage educators and in explorations of race and racism with K-12 students, staff, and families (bordercrossers.org)
If you live in Councilmember Brad Lander’s District, please support BCS and BNS by voting for our project!
PBNYC Vote Week is March 25th through April 2nd.
To make it easier this year, you’ll be able to VOTE ONLINE, which means your civic duty can be finished in a matter of minutes and without leaving the comfort of your own home. More details at http://bradlander.nyc/pb
You can also VOTE IN-PERSON (see dates/locations below). The spirit of democracy at PBNYC poll-sites is about as good as it gets. Plus you get a great “I Voted PBNYC” sticker.
- March 25th-31st from 9:30 AM-5 PM, District Office (456 5th Avenue, 3rd Floor, between 9th & 10th Streets)
- March 27th from 7-9 PM, Congregation Beth Elohim, 274 Garfield Place
- March 29th from 6-9 PM, Camp Friendship, 339 8th Street
- April 1st from 10 AM-4 PM, Old Stone House in Washington Park (5th Av & 3rd St)
- April 1st from 10 AM-4 PM, PS 230 (1 Albemarle Road, between McDonald & Dahill)
- April 2nd from 10 AM-4 PM, Carroll Park House (Carroll Park)
- April 2nd from 10 AM-4 PM, Park Slope Armory YMCA (361 15th Street)
Please help BCS/BNS get funding for workshops for staff and families in service of promoting racial equity in District 15!