Dear BCS Families/Students,
What a great week! Please check out our BCS Instagram (TheCollaborativeChronicle) for our updates and photos each week!
Spirit Monday – Jersey Day – on Mon 11/22
- Tomorrow Mon 11/22 is BCS Spirit Monday – Jersey Day – wear a jersey, shirt, hoodie, or jacket representing your favorite team or college! Appropriate sportswear is okay!
- Be ready to take photos!
- Please share with firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend Tuesday Mastery Support afterschool (Tues 2:20pm-3:15pm)
- All students are encouraged to attend Tuesday Mastery Support afterschool to check-in with teachers and improve your mastery levels
No School Thurs 11/25 and Fri 11/26 for Thanksgiving Break
- School resumes on Mon 11/29
Parent Opt-Out Deadline extended for SEL screener until 12/4
- If you do not want your child to be screened, please opt out of the DOE-mandated Devereux Student Strengths Assessment (DESSA) by filling out this form and talk with your crew leader.
If you need a DOE device to do work at home, email Tracey
- Crew leaders interviewed all students about their need for a DOE device to do remote work at home and we issued devices to students who expressed a need
- If you have questions, please reach out to Parent Coordinator Tracey@bcs448.org
- If the DOE systems show that you already have a DOE device at home, you cannot be issued a second device so be sure to return your first device to the school
Student Absence Notification
- If your child has to be absent, please email your child’s crew leader
- Your child’s crew leader will notify your child’s teachers and the attendance office
BCS Library is Open Mon-Fri – come borrow a book
- All students are welcome Mon-Fri from 8:15-9am and 2-2:30pm to borrow books from our library (Room 401)
COVID VACCINE/BOOSTER INFORMATION
Pop Up clinic on Tues 11/23 for COVID vaccine – ages 5-11 only
- We are coordinating with BNS about the next pop-up clinic – tentatively scheduled for Tues 11/23 from 8am-4pm at 610 Henry.
- Any family who gets vaccinated at a city-run site including schools qualify for various incentives – search here and you will find sites that give shots to ages 5-11: https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/locations – Families can also call 877-VAX4NYC for more information.
- The pop up clinic is NOT for ages 12+, it is only for ages 5-11. All other students ages 12+ who want to be vaccinated should find a site here: https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/locations
Get your vaccine or booster at a city-run vaccination site and BCS gets $100
- If you schedule an appointment at a city-run vaccination site AND pick Brooklyn Collaborative Studies as the referring organization during the online booking process, BCS will receive a $100 incentive payment. You can also go to a city-run walk-in site and say that BCS referred you and we will also get the $100.
- All students/parents who get first doses are eligible for incentives – when you book an appointment through https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/ look for the question below and choose Brooklyn Collaborative Studies in the dropdown after putting in your contact details and BCS will get money. See arrows below.