The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) for BCS
Every parent or guardian of a child attending Brooklyn Collaborative, BCS staff, administration, and teachers are members of the BCS PTA! There are no dues or forms to fill out. All members are invited to join us at meetings and events.
We are Crew, not passengers.
We are parents, guardians, families, staff, and administration within our school community supporting Brooklyn Collaborative community-building and fundraising. We strive to represent our entire community. if we can improve, we welcome your feedback!
Our Commitments to the BCS Community
The BCS PTA is committed to the following
- Support the school’s mission of progressive education, integration and social justice.
- Provide support and resources to BCS for the benefit and educational growth of the students.
- Promote and cultivate cooperative working relationships between the families of students and the teachers and staff at BCS.
- Develop leadership and build capacity for greater involvement.
- Foster and encourage family participation in our community.
- Provide opportunities and training for families to participate in school governance and decision-making.
You are Invited to Get Involved
There are many ways to engage in our school community
- Attend PTA meetings
- Volunteer at our Fall Unity Fest – Information will be provided soon!
- Join a committee
- Serve on a Performance-Based Assessment Task panel
- Host an intern at your workplace
- Attend events, such as our Fall Unity Fest -> For tickets and more information
- …and more
School budgets continue to be under extreme pressure. Over the past two years, BCS has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the loss of our Title I Federal school-wide funding and the continual ask for schools to do more with less.
We ask families to give what they can because we understand everyone has different budgets. Any amount is welcome. Donations are accepted through PayPal, Check, or Cash.
PayPal also offers a monthly option, allowing you to give smaller amounts over the school year, rather than one large sum.
Double your impact! Check to see if your employer has a matching gift program.
Search here to find out and to access your company’s matching gift forms and apply.
We are grateful for each family’s contribution!
Join our PTA meetings to learn more about the PTA budget, financial updates, and details on how donations are allocated for the 2023-24 school year.