3rd annual LG Mathlympics Competition
On Thursday, students worked together with their math cohort during a full-day math competition. Students competed in a variety of activities:
- free throw shoot-outs,
- solving KenKen,
- coding challenges ( opens in a new windowLightBot),
- BreakoutBCS (an escape-room type challenge),
- and a variety of other competitions (24, 7-ate-9, Nim, SuperCircles, chess, folding origami, and more!)
At the end of the day we gathered the entire middle school to celebrate the winning classes:
- 1st place: Wind (6th grade)
- 2nd place: Spades (8th grade)
- 3rd place: Topaz (7th grade)
Thanks to everyone for their persistence and collaboration. You helped make today a success!
Be sure to ask your child what their favorite puzzle was from the day, and what connections they can make with the math they’re studying in class.