Dear BCS Students/Families,
|To receive our student/family updates in translation, please go to our website (www.bcs448.org) and click “Translations”!|
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS/FAMILIES
Student Schedule for Thurs 9/17 and Fri 9/18
- We had a great first day of school today to launch our schoolwide expedition What does it mean to belong? All students had two periods of crew and then an afternoon academic town hall. Tomorrow, the schedule repeats – two periods of crew in the morning and then an afternoon crew town hall! Students were emailed the schedule and Zoom links. Please check your BCS student email daily.
- Here’s the sneak peek of the Thurs 9/17 schedule and the Fri 9/18 schedule.
Schedules/Pod Assignments will be emailed to student email addresses
- Students will be emailed their schedules for next week using their BCS student email address, including their in-person pod room, ideally by late Friday.
- Reminder that there are no switches of pods except for reasons of childcare and siblings. We are not honoring requests to be put in pods with friends.
YWCA Afterschool is starting for Grades 6-8
- Afterschool starts 9/21 (Free, Grades 6-8)
- Application is here: https://discoverdycd.dycdconnect.nyc/ and is attached or you can email our Afterschool Director Janet Cooper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Students experience academic and recreational activities, fully supervised and socially distanced, on their in-person blended learning days from 2:30-5:30pm
- They will also have remote programming for students on remote days so you do not need to attend in-person, you can choose the activities you would like to participate in
- Please apply!!!
No Visitors to the Building
- As per DOE policy, for health and safety reasons, no visitors to the building are allowed. All family meetings will be held on Zoom. Families who come to the building will remain at the School Safety desk and will call upstairs for their questions.
- Due to limited staffing, we have closed our Main Office – please call 718-923-4700 x4163 or 646-483-8644 (Scill) if you need to reach the school.
Amazon Wish List Updated
- Please support our BCS Amazon Wish List – we are in need of materials to support with remote learning, fans to improve circulation of air, and outdoor lunch/class
- We have updated the list based on purchased items, thank you for your generosity!
COVID testing for in-person students – please get tested!
- We strongly encourage all students who are in blended learning to get tested for COVID before returning to the building.
- Since the coronavirus can be contagious in children and adults without symptoms, frequent testing is one important way to feel more confident that you are not carrying or spreading the infection. We are in this together! Testing is free for all New Yorkers. You can get a COVID test at any of these locations listed here.
- Our return to schools is based on everyone doing their part to keep each other healthy.
- If you do test positive, you should seek medical advice and care immediately and note that you will not be able to return to school until cleared by a doctor in accordance with DOE protocol.
- Thank you for making this decision to help protect your health and the health of all of our BCS students, staff, and families.
Free meals for all New Yorkers
- The New York City Department of Education is committed to making free meals available daily for any New Yorker. Any New Yorker who wants one can get free meals at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
- Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required