What a wonderful first week of March!
3/7 – 11th grade crew leaders and Karlette hosted our 11th grade families for a College Process Orientation coffee/dessert get-together on Thursday night. So excited to continue the college process with the Class of 2020!
3/8 – We hosted author Jacqueline Woodson at the first ever school-wide read for both Brooklyn New School and Brooklyn Collaborative! Students had read the book and done corresponding activities in crew leading up to the event and presented their work on behalf of their crew on Friday.
3/8 – March Madness is happening at Brooklyn Collaborative! The Student vs. Staff Basketball Game was a raucous joyful success! Final score – 58-39, staff wins!! Thank you to Obie’s Eliminators LG Dance Team and Chrissy and the Cheer Team for the pre-game pep rally. Thank you to Student Council for organizing such a great event! Thanks to PTA Co-President for taking pictures! Everyone had a wonderful time, we are crew!
Student Council Weekly Update
- Grade representatives continued their committee work.
- The Beautification/School Facilities Committee met with Custodian Engineer Manny to share and discuss their findings from the circles, survey, and meeting with Johanna and to collaborate with the custodial team on how to efficiently and effectively implement the Committee’s ideas about school cleanliness.
- The School Spirit Committee is continuing to plan and do the outreach for March Madness events, including the staff vs. student basketball game and the pep rally preceding the game, and the middle school and high school dances. Show your school pride and support the March Madness activities: Friday, 3/8, Staff/Student “School Spirit” Basketball Tournament.
- The Fundraising Committee is planning additional fundraising bake sales. Their bake sale at the Friday, 3/8 Staff/Student “School Spirit” Basketball Tournament generated $120 for Student Council activities.
- Student Council meets weekly periods 5 & 6 in the Health Studio (room 124)
YWCA @ BCS After School Program
- This week the YWCA @ BCS after-school Program Dance class continued to practice for the pre-game pep rally for the March Madness Staff/Student School Spirit Basketball Tournament and for the Showtime @ BCS Talent Show next month!
- Our group “The Eliminators” is working on a much longer and more difficult routine than ever before. We are excited to see them perform for the showcase.
- In our Art class, the students created figures using pipe cleaners!
- We would like to thank our 6th grade after-school student Ulysses for teaching the class how to use create these action figures. It’s been a favorite ever since.