Dear Students and Families, we hope you had a restful weekend with the beautiful weather.
|To receive our student/family updates in other languages, please go to our website (www.bcs448.org) and click “Translations”!|
Para recibir nuestras actualizaciones para estudiantes / familias en otros idiomas, visite nuestro sitio web (www.bcs448.org) y haga clic en “Traducciones”.
لتلقي آخر التطورات المتعلقة بعائلاتنا /طلابنا مترجمة إلى لغتكم، يرجى الذهاب إلى موقعنا (www.bcs448.org) والضغط على كلمة “ترجماتTranslation في أعلى الصفحة.
Halloween Lookahead – Mon 10/31
- Reminder that no masks are allowed in school that cover the whole face, no weapons/inappropriate-for-school props
Upcoming Photo Days – please mark your calendars
- Fri 12/9 – individual photos for Grades 6-11 (payment in advance), individual yearbook photos for all 8th grade students
- Fri 12/16 – individual photos for Grade 12 students in cap & gown
- Thurs 2/2 – retakes for all students who want them, crew group photos for all Grades 6-12
- Please email Tracey@bcs448.org with any questions
BCS Welcome Coffee Hour for Parents/Guardians!
- Tuesday, Oct 25, 8:45-9:45 AM
- Please join the BCS PTA Community-Building Committee as they invite families this Tuesday morning outside the school for a “welcome coffee.” Enjoy some time getting to know fellow BCS parents/guardians. Look for us at the corner of Henry and Rapelye at 8:45 AM.
Save the date for Student-Led Conferences (virtual in Zoom)
- Thurs 11/17 evening
- Friday 11/18 afternoon (half day for students)
Core Value Shout outs
- Share with us a student or teacher you see consistently exemplifying one of our core values using our Core Value Shout Outs form – we’ll post regularly on Instagram
Tuesday Tiers with Teachers Afterschool (formerly Tues Mastery Support)
- Every Tues afterschool, all teachers are available from 3:05pm-4pm to help students revise assessments, get extra help, or to check-in
- All students should take advantage of this opportunity
Jumprope Parent Access – check grades and attendance
- Parents should have received an email from JumpRope to set up your new account.
- If you did not receive an email, please fill out this survey so we can get you one as soon as possible!
- You can view attendance and grades in JumpRope
- Students can access JumpRope using their BCS email.
- We wanted to share the recording from last week’s JumpRope Family Workshop as well as the slides.
- As a reminder, teachers are still entering final grades for their first units and so grades will be updating a lot over the next few days and weeks.
No School – Upcoming Days to note in your calendar
- Tues 11/8 – Professional Development for Staff – No School for Students
- Fri 11/11 – Veterans’ Day – No School
- Fri 11/18 – HALF DAY for students for Student-Led Conferences
- Thurs 11/24 and Fri 11/25 – Thanksgiving – No School
Postcard Poetry: A High School Writing Workshop for Climate Action
- Wednesday, October 26, 4-5:30pm – High school students are invited to sign up for our first-ever Postcard Poetry Workshop — no climate or poetry experience required! Inspired by David Opdyke’s monumental postcard mural, Someday, all this, currently on display at our Soho pop-up, we will write bite-sized poems on postcards reproduced from the mural to reflect on the urgency of the climate crisis and imagine a more just future. Then we’ll send those postcards to our elected representatives. Through this workshop, young adults, whose stake in climate justice is outsized, can raise their voices politically before they are able to vote.
High School High Scholar – free summer travel/STEM program for Grade 9 students
- The High School High Scholar, or (HS)2, Program is a 5-week, STEM-based, residential summer program for first-generation students from poverty-structured communities. Students apply during their freshman year, and once accepted, commit to joining us in Colorado for the next three summers at no cost. Over 300 students have graduated from (HS)2 in our 17 years of operation, and 90% of scholars graduate from college within 4-6 years. To learn more about the program, visit our website or watch the video here. Applications aren’t due until mid-January, but if students want to get started, they can do so here.