Dear BCS Students/Families, we hope you are well and enjoying the crisp fall weather!
Save the date for Student-Led Conferences (virtual in Zoom)
- Thurs 11/17 evening
- Friday 11/18 afternoon (half day for students)
Core Value Shout outs
- Share with us a student or teacher you see consistently exemplifying one of our core values using our Core Value Shout Outs form – we’ll post regularly on Instagram
DOE Town Hall with D15 Superintendent Alvarez
- Join on Oct 19 to discuss Middle School Admissions and D15’s Diversity in Admissions Plan. Please hold the date and plan to attend and share your thoughts with our Supt Alvarez.
- Register for the Oct 19 session: Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: D15 Town Hall with Superintendent Alvarez. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
Tuesday Tiers with Teachers Afterschool (formerly Tues Mastery Support)
- Every Tues afterschool, all teachers are available from 3:05pm-4pm to help students revise assessments, get extra help, or to check-in
- All students should take advantage of this opportunity
Jumprope Parent Access – Parent Training on Thurs 10/20 at 7pm in Zoom
- Parents should have received an email from JumpRope to set up your new account.
- If you did not receive an email, please fill out this survey so we can get you one as soon as possible!
- You can view attendance and grades in JumpRope
- Students can access JumpRope using their BCS email.
- We will host a training for families on how to navigate the Jumprope Family Portal on Thurs 10/20 at 7pm in Zoom.
Buy BCS Shirts!
- Purchase high-quality durable BCS clothing – Shop online here!
- Please don’t delay – the team shop will close on Mon 10/17. Purchases will be sent directly to your address when the shop closes (shipping takes up to 5 weeks). A portion of all purchases supports BCS sports!!!
All Families – complete the lunch form online (even if you don’t eat school lunch – we need your info to qualify for federal funding)
- Families – please complete the lunch form online. Your response helps our school to access vital funding from the federal government if you qualify for free or reduced lunch. ALL families should complete the form, even if you do not eat school lunch.
- The lunch form helps you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch status with the DOE which makes you eligible for fee waivers
- Our school is listed as 15K448 – Brooklyn Sch for Collaborative Studies
Convert previous grades to CR (credit – UG) or P (pass – LG) based on DOE academic policy
- If you would like to request for a grade from either 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 school year to be converted to CR or P due to the DOE’s pandemic academic policy, please let your crew leader know
- All students currently in Grades 7/8/9/10/11/12 who attended BCS in either 2020-2021 school year or 2021-2022 school year can request for grades to be converted to CR (credit – UG) or P (pass – LG) based on DOE academic policy
- Class of 2023 (Grade 12) can request for grades from 2019-2020 Semester 2 to be converted to CR as well
- Please reach out to your child’s crew leader with questions
No School – Upcoming Days to note in your calendar
- Tues 11/8 – Professional Development for Staff – No School for Students
- Fri 11/11 – Veterans’ Day – No School
- Fri 11/18 – HALF DAY for students for Student-Led Conferences
- Thurs 11/24 and Fri 11/25 – Thanksgiving – No School
National Black Leadership Commission on Health – Paid Youth Program
- Black Health champions the promotion of health and prevention of diseases to reduce disparities and achieve equity within the Black community. We are offering a 4-workshop online youth program that is PAID! The age range is 13-18. (https://nblch.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1KSNRQXXalVCJUO)
The Center – Paid HS Internship
- READY is The Center’s career preparation internship program for current New York City high school students. They participate in a tailored training series focused on strengthening their resumes, cover letters and interview skills. Once students complete their training they are eligible to work at a partnering business, organization or establishment and earn work experience.READY Application