Dear BCS Students/Families,
We hope you were able to enjoy some of the snow with a walk or playing with your children. It’s cold so please bundle up and take care!
|If you feel comfortable sending your child to school, please do so every day. The best opportunity to access teachers and get help for work is in-person. If your child is exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID, they will receive an at-home test kit in school.|
Weekly opportunity for free PCR testing with mobile van parked at school – get a QR code for your child
- We have arranged for a mobile van to conduct free PCR testing at the school every Monday.
- You can use the same QR code each week to get PCR COVID tested here at school at the mobile van so you only need to pre-register once. Just keep your QR code handy (printed or on your phone) and have it ready to show each week to the van.
- The van will be here weekly on Mondays 12pm-4pm except holidays for staff and students
- If you have insurance, your insurance will cover it for free. If you are uninsured, the state will cover it for free. Results will be emailed to the email that you register with in 2-3 days. As always, if you are positive, please send results to Scill
- Students with QR codes will be permitted to go to the van on their own (without their parent, they must have the QR code). We will make a PA announcement so students know when to go outside – we will have staff posted to guide them. They get swabbed for about 5-10 min outside with the van and then return inside the building to class.
- If families would like to utilize the van, please come after 2:30pm with your own QR code
Consent to DOE random in-school weekly testing
- Both vaccinated and unvaccinated students can be tested now during random in-school testing. Each week, students who consent are randomly chosen for PCR testing in the school.
- Only students who provide consent will be tested – please be sure to submit your testing consent through your NYC Schools Account or email Scill and she will update the system for you – if you have submitted consent this school year, you do not need to submit consent again. The consent form is available here in multiple languages.
PTA Meeting in Zoom – Tues 1/11 @ 6:30pm
- This is our community’s first PTA meeting of the year!!
- We hope to see you to discuss all matters related to the new year and related items.
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81651080983
- Meeting ID: 816 5108 0983
- We thank the PTA for generously buying 4000 KN95 masks for us so that our staff and students will have continuous access – THANK YOU! Please continue to support our PTA – families are part of the BCS crew, we need you!
Indoor lunch all week
- Based on the weather forecast, it will be cold all week
- We will open windows to increase circulation – please dress in layers
- Anticipate indoor crew lunch all week for LG
This Tuesday – Mastery Support
- We have Tuesday Mastery Support on Tues 2:20pm-3:15pm – all students are welcome – check in with your teachers, revise assessments, get help, increase your mastery. Please stay afterschool on Tuesdays with your teachers!
- Tues 1/25 – grades due by teachers
- Fri 1/28 – last day of fall semester
- Mon 1/31 – no school, professional development day for teachers
- Tues 2/1 – no school, Lunar New Year
- Wed 2/2 – first day of spring semester
- Mon 2/21 – Fri 2/25 – no school, mid-winter recess
Proper masking in school is required for all
- All students and staff must continue to wear a mask over their mouth and nose at all times during school. We strongly recommend masks that have a nose wire to prevent air from leaking out of the top of the mask.
- Students who have challenges with proper masking will be provided with a KN95 mask which has a more secure fit and will have a conference with a staff member and notification to home.
- If the mask challenges continue, parents will be called to pick up their child from school. Masking is one of the most fundamental ways in which we can protect ourselves and our community as we navigate the COVID surge in our city, and all students must properly mask daily.
Student Absence Notification
- If your child has to be absent, please email your child’s crew leader
- Your child’s crew leader will notify your child’s teachers and the attendance office
BCS Library is Open Mon-Fri – come borrow a book
- All students are welcome Mon-Fri from 8:15-9am and 2-2:30pm to borrow books from our library (Room 401)